THE CRISPY OEUVRES*: THIRTY DOWNLOADS AND COUNTING!

I am happy to report that, as of this date (March 23, 2009) readers have downloaded 30 copies from the Works of Crispy!

That might not seem like a lot to you, but

1) I only know three people in the world, not thirty

2) I eat cold mashed potatoes every night because nobody will cook for me and

3) I eat them at a little table that was made by snarling, hirsute, bitter old men from Eastern Europe and

4) I tend to toss and turn in my sleep, I only pretend to speak French and

4) the only station I get on the TV--the one that was owned by my grandmother who suffered unspeakable indignities in the hands of the Bolsheviks**--is PBS.

But please: do not feel sorry for me. Or Granny Flotilla. Simply download my books! It would do me a world of good. You? I am not so sure.

Devotedly,

Crispy Flotilla


* I know what you are thinking–did Crispy misspell 'oeuvres'? It's possible, but this was the spelling offered by RANDOM HOUSE online, which also proffered some excellent wrinkle cream ointments on the adjacent page.

**Don't worry--she escaped from the Bolsheviks. She was old, but agile and wiry and fiendishly clever.

Comments

Molly Gaudry said…
I love this post.

Popular Posts