JOB

I woke up late but the birds were still singing
which they usually stop doing about 8:00, still,
there was no point in going to work so instead
I went over to my wife’s house and said, “It’s
over!” and she said, “What’s over?” Because
I forgot to ask her to marry me, lo those many
years ago, if I remember correctly.

I don’t. I would lose my head if it belonged to
someone else and I had to find out where it
was every day and put it back on with staples.
Time to go

somewhere I guess and then I put the pizza in
an oven anybody’s oven without taking off
the cardboard tray, which eventually bursts
into flames, in case you ever want to have
a good laugh at a pizza box bursting into flames
and then guess what? My entire family died,
but not in a fire, not in mine. So let’s just say, lost.
I left them somewhere, and wouldn’t you know it?
Forgot.

Comments

Popular Posts