FIRST THINGS FIRST: A MILLENIUM PARTY BY CRISPY

My favorite thought of the day is the very first thought that I have when I wake up. It is usually some sort of insight, or the piercing of a membrane of resistance that has hindered my ability to conceptualize that 'still point' that they are always talking about. This morning, for example, I woke up and thought: "I know exactly how Prince feels!" I think it was because, just the other day, when I was typing a paragraph about a wine from New Zealand, I accidentally typed "Ω" instead of 'Z.' It was the ol' option button problem that you read about sometimes. I looked at it a while, and realized that it didn't have to be a problem, and that I was pretty tired of 'Z' by now anyway and so I just executed a Search and Replace on all my tired 'Z's with zesty little 'Ω.'s. I felt better right away.

Try it sometime. And if you do, don't stop with 'Z.' Remember, 'X,' for example, can also be '≈." And 'B' can be '∫,' 'M' can be 'µ,' and so on. This can work really nicely. Makes things a little perky. Like coffee. Coffee is perky, and Search and Replace can make your writing perky. I recommend it. Like I recommend 'Ω'. But remember, like coffee, a little can go a long way. I don't drink coffee of course, but I could. It's that easy, and my friends tell me it's still perky to this day, even more than it used to be.

But please, if you choose to do drink coffee, for God's sake, be careful.

Seriously.

¿ë,

箈ßπ¥

all artwork, including monsters but not old timey photographs,
® mr. crispy flotilla, 2007

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did you notice it's kind of like a uterus too? Prince, despite his frequent horndogginess, seems to be an ardent feminist as well -- for example, in the song "Pussy Control" (not sexual).
Anonymous said…
ur poems are totale homerotic
Anonymous said…
箈ßπ¥ - turns out to be the secret code for our fraternity
simply state the code and present your expired LSD tabs at the door and avoid drinking coffee for several hours with several like-minded fellows.

Popular Posts