THINGS I LEARNED TODAY over many days, thanks to NETFLIX

Patty Hearst ages well.

Steve McQueen is confident, and seems to know what he is doing.

It was 14, not ten days in October, Cuban-missile wise.

If I am feeling old, it is a good idea to take a nice long look at Edith Piaf.

Little boys wore wide, beautiful striped ties in the Soviet Union in 1960.

The Man Who Came to Dinner is not who you had to guess was COMING to dinner. That was Sidney Portier.

The Man Who Came to Dinner was Monty Wooley.

If I had to say who had a better name, Sidney Portier or Monty Wooley, I would be stumped.

Cat Women have seductive and secret powers as long as they are on the Moon.

James Cagney probably had a very interesting heart rate.

If anyone could produce a legion of atomic superman through a series of flesh-burning radiation experiments with his crazed man-beast servant, it would be Bela Lugosi.

Emily Dickinson had a lot of ready cash. I don’t know why I never knew that.

Ernie Kovacs was supposed to be a genuis, but I think that must have been have a mistake.

I think that Zero Hour! is the only movie I have ever seen with an exclamation mark in it.

I don’t know for certain if anyone ever called Tyrone Power ‘Son of Fury’ just as a joke but you must be careful when you choose to act in certain movies with certain titles.

It’s easier to watch Shirley Temple if you can watch Joseph Cotten at the same time. If Claudette Colbert enters into the room, however, Joseph Cotton is outnumbered and it is hard to keep watching with both eyes.

It is inevitable that Doris Day ends up in a convertible at a car wash.

Comments

σλ said…
mr. tortillaexmachina

i run into your poetry at mynameismud and I wanted to say hi and that your poetry makes my head and soul nod.
gracias
Ricky Garni said…
Thank you very much, Stavros!

Crispy

Popular Posts