They offered me $100 an hour to work. This seemed like a great idea because when it came to working I was used to hearing things like ‘eight dollars an hour’ or sometimes ‘six dollars an hour.’

I immediately ran home and got out a piece of paper and a pen and wrote down all the things that I wanted to buy.

I started off with a toaster and one of those modern looking silver garbage cans and by the end I was writing things like trips to New Zealand and Lambourghinis.

I was ashamed when I realized that I had not included any books or educational materials or gifts for any of my friends or family. But then I smiled, because, hey, what could be better than being rich with a trip to New Zealand coming up when you get to drive to the airport in your Lambourghini?

I know, I know--having your best friend drive you in the Lambourghini that you give to him for driving you to the airport with it. And then crying in the airplane because you don’t have your Lambourghini anymore and you only got to ride it once and that was to the airport. Because, honestly, that is what would happen. I cry like a baby when I give away sports cars. I haven’t done it yet but I am pretty sure I will when I do. Still, even after doing that nice sad thing and crying and everything else, at least I have New Zealand to look forward to, besides the new silver garbage can and toaster and always the possibility, which I think I now really deserve, of true love, New Zealand-style.

Comments

Popular Posts