I wish I had a purple car
because it would look so good
as I drove by holding a lemon sherbet cup

People would say: “That’s an attractive combination!”
while others might throw their undergarments in joy

Just like the did in the days of Franz Liszt.
But not at everybody. Only at Franz.
That sexy man simply knew how to play the piano

like a little God. If you don’t believe me, look it up.
Garments were throw. Ladies fainted.
Blows were exchanged. A glove was lost.
Un Petit Dieu.

If I am wrong, you can punch me 
in the face. 

If I am right, you can punch me in the face
anyway. 

Sometimes I feel like my face could
use a good punch. After all, what have I done

in this life, other than imagine purple and lemon
together, tell you my little stories, as you were
I was and why – nothing else

If only I could play the piano
like Franz Liszt before he died

and lost one glove
and then another



Comments

Popular Posts