Faye told me that she had never heard of Edward Gorey. I showed her some of his stuff for several reasons: 1) to see how appearances can be deceiving (dark and macabre in tone, but a true cat lover and bad soap-opera devourer in life 2) he seemed to really be on to something (like Faye only different) and last but not least 3) HEY! my apartment's not so bad. Look at Edward Gorey's!

The obvious choice for her (I thought) was THE DOUBTFUL GUEST. Kitty (Moses) might agree, although she doesn't like doing that with me, much. It's OK. Go ahead. Say what you must. I stand by my dumb choice. Here it is, #4 in my unsent queue to Faye:


http://www.amazon.com/The-Doubtful-Guest-Edward-Gorey/dp/0151003130/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375630827&sr=8-1&keywords=the+doubtful+guest



Comments

Popular Posts