THE THIRD ANNUAL CRISPIES AWARDS: 7th place

THE ZOMBIES at Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, North Carolina: July 29th 2012.

This band has been playing more or less neigh on 50 years (52 now) - and are still filled with love and hope and joy and I would like to say something funny but I can't - too much love and hope and joy in this band. How can I even start to be critical? Well, I guess I could complain that I was a little deaf after that night. But it wasn't their fault. It was the even older than me people, screaming, in my ear, in a happy state of geri-joy-mania.

The best thing about the concert? Well, one of the best? "Breathe Out, Breathe in." I loved it and chided myself for not knowing it and then forgave myself when I discovered that this 50+ year and still going strong band just wrote the thing. Take a sound gander of this wonderful evening. My money's on the bass man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8XiBeke9Uc


THE CRISPIES are an annual appreciation of 10 of the most wonderful things discovered over the course of the previous year, having been produced or created any time at all.

Comments

Popular Posts