GOLDFISH


I love to check my bank balance on the computer. When I was little, you couldn’t do that. You had to go to a bank and ask the teller How much money is in my bank account? But with computers, you can check your bank balance every few seconds. It stays the same and stays the same and stays the same and then suddenly it changes but you never know when that will be. When I was a little boy, I used to feel the same way as I do now checking my bank balance when I would stare at goldfish in little fish bowls on tables in banks. One day I remember the teller yelling at me as I ran out: “Ninety-two dollars and twenty four cents!” and I remember that I yelled “Thank You!” but the bank teller didn’t hear me at all. I kept going and going and going and here I am. Now I have that funny feeling that people feel sometimes of a goldfish all gold and slippery in your hands that are wrinkly, I am really serious, I love being here where I am.

Comments

Popular Posts