MONOPOLY

I had a thought while looking at the pretend money I held in my hand while I played Monopoly. Every day

We wake up and get out of bed and do something new. But at least one day, every year, we are waking up on the very same day that we will die someday. For those of us

Without any clear plan about our lives, we don’t mind. We don’t celebrate. We do the usual. For example, we will pick up a stick and play fetch with a dog and say “Fetch

Boy!” and throw the stick as far as we can and on days like this, maybe we will throw the stick one extra time. We might throw

The stick one extra time for luck, even if the dog has gone back home, or if the dog never was there

In the first place. Maybe, especially. Happy Birthday! Isn't something we usually think of today. I had a thought today

While playing Monopoly. I will never be rich. Someday I will be married. Today I would like

The Spinning Wheel as my playing piece today. You may select the Silver Boot, or the

Top Hat. Or even the Old Man. You can have the Old Man.

You can, if you like, have whatever you want. You seem nice. I feel like I have known you for a long time.

Comments

Popular Posts