A DREAM FROM 1796

LAST NIGHT I dreamt that I was a stately, elegant princess in a pink taffeta dress with a jewel encrusted cinch and romanesque thigh boots wearing a scarf around my waist that hung casually about me as I stood resplendent in the rich white clouds framed by five cherubic angels who were reading the newspaper intently as I stood with my golden rod in one hand and – did I mention there were actually six cherubic angels in my dream? I forgot about the sixth one because he wasn’t reading the newspaper and I had to cover his nakedness with my newspaper as best I could with my non-golden rod holding hand as I stood balanced on the blue globe earth of 1796.

When I woke up I felt all sweaty and scared. Angels do that sometimes to me. They can be a lot of work! But usually it's not that scary.

Later I tried to recreate my dream the best I could in a drawing that I made back in 1796.

I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed drawing it and being scared by it.


all artwork, including monsters but not old timey photographs,
® mr. crispy flotilla, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts