WHEN BOB DYLAN SAID, OR PERHAPS IT WAS BILLY THE KID, I ALWAYS GET THEM CONFUSED...


I am beginning to wonder what I named this 'Hello Melodies.' Sometimes I have to think back and wonder exactly what made me write the usually two words that I write when I am writing a title for a piece, especially one that has a title but doesn't say anything else. I am guessing that, since there is nothing to say, I am opening up the front door and welcoming someone musical into the house. I hope its a nice waltz or a polka that is jaunty.

**

Postnote: When Bob Dylan said, 'It's getting dark / too dark to see' I think he meant Hello. Then of course there was this beautiful melody. 'This is the story of Hurricane,' (1975) said Bob, and then something about the police or something. I think then he started saying that Indiana Wanted Him and Lord He Won't Go Back There. Everyone loves to say that no, you're wrong, that was R. Dean Taylor who wouldn't go back there, but anyone who has ever heard Bob Dylan imitate a police siren immediately recognizes his trademark sound, while R. Dean Taylor only used to tape the sounds of police sirens when they stopped him to ask him what the hell he was doing. Mostly, in Indiana. In 1971. With curly long hair. Sounding nothing like Bob Dylan.


all artwork, except likenesses of Lyndon B. Johnson, by Crispy Flotilla ® 2006

Comments

Popular Posts