NO, I HAVEN'T SEEN IT.

Pumping his little legs on the bicycle,
Daymond could hear the stories of
Maria Antoinette in the countryside
as deer and rabbit cautiously made
their way out into the road

A younger, more frivolous Marie
Antoinette would not warn the animals
of danger, danger that such roads might
reveal. She would say, instead: “Come
play with me,” and might even add,
“my sweet” – but oh the horsecarts,
and someday, the trucks, trains and
cars – oh, them too.

A more prudent Marie Antoinette would be
more, well, prudent. But then again there
never was a more prudent Maria Antoinette.

The deer glisten in the a.m. dew.
"Pardon me, monsieur,” Marie Antoinette
apologies, doefully. “Did I step on your
toe?” You know you did. Hey! He says, She
is quite a looker, and now, I understand,
as he watches her climb the stairs,
quite single.

all artwork, except likenesses of Lyndon B. Johnson, by Crispy Flotilla ® 2006

Comments

Popular Posts