CRISPY REFLECTS ON HOW EVERYTHING THAT IS OLD IS NEW AGAIN, ESPECIALLY IF THE OLD IS OLD JAPAN AND THE NEW IS NEW CARRBORO, NORTH CAROLINA


In the very old days of Old Japan,
when a charismatic royal prince
chose to follow his destiny, he
would often have an affair with an
uneducated daughter of a peasant
fisherman in a rural village faraway
from his kingdom, and he did so,
with impunity, accompanied by a
royal servant who followed his
bidding without question, such was
his loyalty and faith in his charismatic
young prince. Such was the order
of the day.

My day begins with a chocolate bar
from the convenience store. It doesn’t
matter if the cashier is uneducated,
a peasant, a woman, or even knows
how to fish: if I follow my destiny
as I see it, there will be a rumpus.


all artwork, except likenesses of Lyndon B. Johnson, by Crispy Flotilla ® 2006

Comments

Candice Flores said…
Hi - Are you the Ricky Garni that has a brother Bobby? If so, it's fellow Honey Bun alumnus Candice (Candy) Flores...have tried Internet searches a few times trying to find Bobby, but no luck. So if you're you...could you let me know? My address is CandiceLFlores@aol.com

Popular Posts