WELL YOU NEEDN’T (April, 2013)

to Faye

Forgot my wallet
in the rain
on the way
to the store
for laundry soap
while thinking of–
of you

Although I probably forgot it
before I was in the rain
putting on my chinos
looking at your picture and
looking for my keys

Normally I would ride my bike
but it is raining 
delicious, mouthwatering rain
and laundry soap

is what I need
My car is nice and old
I like clean clothes
and I am thinking of, well, you

with no wallet in my hand
foggy hearted and near the frogs
perhaps I will go to the hospital
perhaps I will see you

I am in the store now
It’s daybreak
everyone is courteous
and wearing blue

Your hair is blond
you laugh like a pirate
tonight perhaps you
will fry catfish
my clothes will be dirty
your picture must be you–

You. Good Ol’ –

If I could change a thing
Here we go
If I could change a thing
If I If I

But 
I wouldn’t
No 
I wouldn’t

Comments

Popular Posts