ISAAC HAYES IS THE FOUNDER OF THE ISAAC HAYES FOUNDATION WHICH IS DEDICATED TO HELPING THE VULNERABLE POPULATION


Boy, listening to Isaac Hayes on Sunday morning makes me laugh.

I used to laugh because I knew in my heart that I was not Isaac Hayes.

I used to make fun of him, all of that SHAFT and Black Private Dick stuff and Just Talkin’ ‘Bout Shaft and Sex Machine To All The Chicks and Black Moses and Hot Buttered Soul junk.

Isaac Hayes used to hang out with 6’ 2” 232 lb. Exciting Cleveland Brown Running Back Jim Brown when they starred together in I’M GONNA GET YOU SUCKA.

Isaac Hayes worked in a meat packing plant in Memphis.

Isaac Hayes looked great in leather and feathers and chains.

Who is the man who will risk his life for rubber bands? is not what he really said. He said: brother man.

I used to laugh although really in my heart I thought Wouldn’t it be nice to be Isaac Hayes for just one day?

Or one night? Say, for instance, Saturday?

It was really easy to laugh, to hide my insecurity, my hot buttered insecurity.

But now that forty years have passed, I laugh because I remember that I really thought maybe, just maybe, I would actually grow up to be Isaac Hayes.

Looking at myself now, in the mirror, my better half, I laugh.

Do you remember those cartoons where someone laughs while looking at the mirror and the mirror doesn’t laugh back?

Or when the princess goes to sleep and never comes back to life or if she does you never knew it because you left the theater before she had the chance?

Comments

Popular Posts