EVEN THOUGH IT IS ALMOST OVER, DECEMBER WILL SOON BE HERE


DESTINATIONS

There was a time when going to the airport was an exciting thing. I didn’t go anywhere, anywhere but the airport. I watched the airplanes take off. And I watched the airplanes land. I thought: what if they crashed going up? What if they crashed coming down? For some reason, I wanted them to crash coming down, not up, and for their sake, not mine. If you crash coming down, you have already done what you need to do. If you crash going up, you are thinking about what you need to do and you haven’t done it. The earth looks more beautiful as you come towards it than when you are going away. And coming down, you are thinking “that was nice” and it was; whatever it was, it was nice.

I am flying to an airport so that I can watch the airplanes come and go. I’m not in a hurry. If I don’t get there, I don’t mind.


from DECEMBER, by Penne Bioletti

Comments

Popular Posts