THE THIRD AND FINAL VOLUME OF THE TRILOGY (UNLESS I DECIDE TO MAKE IT A QUADROLOGY) by CRISPY

It's almost done. I would normally include an excerpt but you see all the excerpts are long. And, well, pretty wavy. How about, instead, something I wrote about Tony Stark, handsome fictional millionaire heartthrob with a concealed alter ego and golden exo-skeleton that keeps his shrapnel-laden heart beating? That sounds like a good idea. OK. Here:



THE ONLY TIME I EVER SAW SOMEONE RIP UP A CHECK was in 1965. His name was Happy, and had pulled Tony out of a burning race car, and just in the nick of time.

Tony rewarded Happy handsomely with that check I just mentioned, and Happy ripped it up, also as I mentioned. “I don’t need your money,” Happy sneered, “What I need is a job!”

I like that! Happy doesn’t need money. Happy needs MORE money.

Happy wasn’t happy. Happy was broke.

Tony was happy, and Tony was rich, and a cigarette could be found, dangling just a little beneath his moustache.

Pepper was, well–Pepper was a doll.

“A job?” Tony thought for a moment. “Of course,” Tony smiled, “just talk to my secretary, Pepper.”


all artwork, including monsters but not old timey photographs,
® mr. crispy flotilla, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts