NEWSPAPER

I picked up the newspaper today and noticed that the lead article was all about how much I loved you.

I read to the bottom of the page and then it read: “Turn to Page 10.” I didn’t want to. I wanted to read the Sports page, and to see all about the new ‘Indiana Jones’ movie. Something about a crystal globe. I don’t think that they’re really trying very hard anymore.

But,

I was on an airplane to Iceland–don’t ask me why–I don’t know–and so I turned to the Entertainment section, not the Destinations section (that always seems to be about Iceland) but–

I was too late. Every article in the Entertainment Section was all about how much I loved you. Grrrrr. So I saved Indiana Jones for last–as I mentioned before I didn’t have a good feeling about it–but lo and behold, there it was: INDIANA JONES AND THE CRYSTAL GLOBE and all the film crew talked about was how the production had been postponed–again–because of how much I loved you. Even the picture there was a craggy-faced Harrison Ford giving me the stink eye: I don’t need that! I am in love! But with whom? I don’t know. A little

Sweaty is how I am beginning to feel. Ripping past the Sports section and its endless articles about steroid use and how much I love you, or maybe just about loving steroid use, or maybe just about you.

All I know for certain is that the Destinations section is all about Iceland again–trolls that haunt, Christmas cats eating naked children, and a delicious concoction of orange fizzy soda and malt extract that often lead, inexplicably, to feelings that are redolent and abundant, feelings that don’t go away, feelings you just can’t understand.

Comments

Popular Posts