HOPELESSLY GAUCHE

HOPELESSLY GAUCHE

Were I to look at old movies–young men running through
fields of barley–and let’s say all the color has faded because
the movie is so old. If I started to cry, would that be
hopelessly gauche?

OR WOULD YOU DATE ME

If you thought I was sensitive when I
looked at the movie and cried?

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND

What if you asked me why I was crying?

I DON’T THINK IT’S A GOOD IDEA

If you ask me why I am crying. I am allergic to barley.

STILL

Hey, I am not allergic to looking at barley.
Faded colors make me sad.

BUT HONESTLY THEY DON’T MAKE ME CRY

Faded colors don’t. You do. You were nearby
when I saw the movie. Guess what?

I LOVE YOU

You make me cry, so next to me. By the way: who do
you suppose those young men were in the movie?

COULD THEY BE YOU

Not possible, woman of my dreams. Perhaps they are me
as you imagine me looking at the images of me and crying
as the colors fade and you are so far away behind the camera.
I see you right there.

MAYBE

You are listening to Pink Floyd.

FUN FACT

They used to be called ‘The Pink Floyd’

PERHAPS THERE IS ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW

It concerns the door knob that is shaped like a hippo

OH

The house is so empty, and filled with colors

ALL THE TIME

I am only talking about love

ALL THE TIME

I am only talking about you

NEVER

Will I not

ALWAYS

will I do

all artwork, including monsters but not old timey photographs,
® mr. crispy flotilla, 2007

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ricky,

I think that you are more like hopelessly sentimental or endearingly gauche.

Or, endearingly sentimental.

Also, you are not really gauche.

--July

Popular Posts