REFLECTIONS ON ART: THE CRISPY MODALITY

Beloved and belovèd,

Whenever I get sad, I look at the work of Yue Minjun and I don't feel better I feel worse because...

1) I could be the guy in the middle. No one wants to be that guy.

2) I don't believe that if you smile the world smiles with you.

3) It's better to breathe through your nostrils than your mouth.

4) If you close your eyes, it's much harder to enjoy things.

5) You should never be nervous about your penis, but we all are.

6) What if that guy in the middle IS me? What are the odds that you would choose me over the other guys? 33.3%. Those are terrible odds. Worse yet, you might be looking for something 'different.'

7) It's 11 PM and someone is using a chain saw outside. I wish I could go outside and frown.

Signed,

Your Sleepy Crisp

PS that little fence is electric. that explains everything

all artwork, including monsters but not old timey photographs,
® mr. crispy flotilla, 2007

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Sleepy Crisp,

Don't worry. You are not now, never have been and, I am even confident in saying, never will be, the guy in the middle.

-Your first grade teacher

Popular Posts