MY NEW BOOK

My friend Pete recently said You looked depressed. Would you like a TV Guide? Sometimes he says this when I am looking a little down. Today was a special day in that regard (I mean, depression helpful-wise) because the TV Guide he was offering was from 1956 and featured the Grand Ole Opry. Pete said you should write a book about this TV Guide which I thought was a very good idea but I thought that it might be better to write a guide to that TV Guide. There is a lot to learn from such things. Why, for example, is the Grand Ole Opry not on the cover of the Grand Ole Opry TV Guide cover of 1956? The answer might depress you.

Other interesting observations:

Over 80% of celebrities on the
cover of TV Guide are smiling.















The vast percentage of those
who are not smiling have names
like Robert.


















Or Jack.















all artwork, including monsters but not old timey photographs,
® mr. crispy flotilla, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts