FINAL ODE: ANNOUNCED AS SUCH BY AFOREMENTIONED ODE, WITH FATALISTIC FEELINGS APPLIED LIBERALLY TO TASTE


When thoughts turn to cheese–and they do!
Do not lament the time that you did not spend–
in Corfu!

Remember your world: in the deepest of North Carolina,
adjacent to the circuitous and somewhat vernacular
rich greasy diner

How love could be so simple with merely Gourmandise!
But you say, after all, that, sir, is merely another cheese!

But with a dollop of love, not revealed, in the guise of kirsch–
wait one moment, I forgot the diner!

When love's simple prose brought me as I mentioned before,
to Carolina!

And yet in doing so have we forgotten already Corfu?

Or the lament of Agassi, so bald, surnamed Andre(w)?

The happy beatings of the Piedmont air, Mon Dieu?

But the whip of my brain takes me to it all at once,
in a snarly precision of well-oiled entre-vous!

OK, I mean to simply cohibit, but memory's impasto prohibits
and infuses the verjus of elusive glories rarebit known;

Little gestures, tiny flowers, april showers and dagnabits

And breathes instead the überman of ripe morsely tidbits
into the curved air they are heartily thrown

Performed by Wagner, perfected by Nietzsche
in a world so dear that for the survivors id est peachy but wait!

That's right! Back track a bit! Fot it is I, I who rhymed bits with bits! That could be love!
And in order to continue to love this world I will forego and forget memory,
Agassi, all things Mon Dieu and Ripe Organic Flaxen Reflections Tenderly Misconstrued

And hold what is left when all is gone up to the light, lest the Consuelo Nostalgia shanghai it
And clutch to the fevered brow of my bosom no more than the pastoral love’s Funky Nassau schtik
smaller than what one might find buried in the heart of reason, were reason to be
hiding and were you to find it in a plate of yams, buried in the yard,

Next to, say, mmm, yummy: a catcher’s mitt, owned by Grizzly Adáms

Comments

Popular Posts