CRISPY DECLARES: NOT ART RELATED

My best drawing takes place between the hours of 7 and 8 in the morning. That's when all my work appears very Greco-Roman. I can't explain why, but as you can see from the evidence, it's true.

Attached is a portrait of me done at 7:30 on Tuesday.

I just got a call from Panama and a bagel from the local bagel shop and had woken up from a dream in which a woman was saying 'he can stay for the night but he has to pay rent!'

I wonder if it is any coincidence that my worst dreams and my best drawings are so close to each other on the clock. I think not.

Would I give up my skills as an artist if it meant having no more dreams in which I had to pay rent to be a houseguest?

I can't answer that right now.

But I can say that by about, say 5ish the afternoon, when I like to go bowling, my drawing appears
very abstract and very impressionistiky if I decide
not to bowl and draw instead.

It's not because of my impressionist anger or rage about not bowling that this happens. What I mean is, it's almost impossible to draw at the bowling alley, except for with those felt pens on the overhead projector scoring cards, and they don't like you to draw there, just put in the scores. If you do draw, felt pens do like to do impressionisms. And you get those bowling alley owner gives you a frown, a bowling alley frown, the kind that are very very very...Gothic? Romanesque? No, it's just very something that make you nervous and is not really art related.


all artwork, except likenesses of Lyndon B. Johnson, by Crispy Flotilla ® 2006

Comments

Popular Posts