CRISPY AND THE OL' 40 WATTER

I decided that the problem wasn’t that I couldn’t see things well enough, but that I saw things too well. So I decided to change all my light bulbs, which are generally 100 watts, for new light bulbs, which were 40 watts. this would give me 60% less illumination, which is probably about how much illumination there was at about the time that I was born, which was 1957. 40 watts of illumination, or 500 lumens, is just about the right amount of illumination that somebody like me needs on a day to day basis.

Sometimes I get sad when I think about all those people out there with their 200 watt light bulbs and all the things that they see and how much they cry. When it becomes almost too much to bear, I just go back to my house.


all artwork, except likenesses of Lyndon B. Johnson, by Crispy Flotilla ® 2006

Comments

Popular Posts