I BLAME THE TOTEM POLE





I am standing outside of Walker’s Soda Fountain taking a picture of Walker’s Soda Fountain’s window. Walker’s Soda Fountain understands beautiful autumn flowers and hot dogs with relish and mustard and banana splits and chocolate milk shakes with whipped cream and maraschino cherries on top.
Behind these delicious foods stands a totem pole filled with angry faces. I blame the totem pole entirely for holding the painter’s hand like a marionette’s and placing the “I” before the “A” in “Fountain.” Here it is: WALKER’S SODA FOUNTIAN. 

I blame the totem pole. But do I have to blame the totem pole for everything? I don’t want to blame him for hot dogs and milk shakes and banana splits - I want to thank his angry faces for them. I love you, I hate you, is something that you find yourself saying quite a bit in this town, but it’s best not to think about that too much. The food is delicious if you don’t think about it too much. So are the angry faces. Delicious.

Comments

Popular Posts