HAPPY


The best day of my life so far was the day that I went to the Pepsi Cola bottling plant when I was five years old. There was so many empty bottles all being filled one by one on a conveyor belt that was so fast that everything almost seemed like a blur. I had never seen such clean Pepsi bottles before, and I had never seen them filled by machines with shiny steel nozzles before. And I never imagined how this all happened. Somehow I thought there was a room in a small building somewhere with a lot of people filling bottles with little funnels. I had never imagined so many machines and most of all, I had never imagined so many clean and beautiful bottles of Pepsi--rows and rows coming into the room empty, rows and rows going out of the room filled and ready to drink. After that day, I started to realize how many people there were in the world who loved Pepsi Cola and probably drank it every day like my Dad, and how many people there were in the world probably didn’t like Pepsi Cola and probably drank iced tea like my Mom, but mostly I thought about how many people there really must be in the world all together, and although I didn't know it at the time, I would never be as happy as I was on that day watching all those beautiful bottles of Pepsi Cola coming and going with shiny nozzles that sprayed effervescence inside each and every bottle faster than you can imagine and how happy all of that made me. It was the best day of my life! Sometimes it’s as if I almost remember the day you were born.

Comments

Emily Cooper said…
Cute story! :)

Popular Posts