FAMOUS PEOPLE TALKING PENCILS


This beard takes lottsa pencils, said Leonardo da Vinci, but I’s gots me lottsa pencils.

If you want to use a printer, said Benjamin Franklin, you must paradoxically advertise pencils in print but then he lost the rhythm of the epigraph by continuing with In your Pennsylvania Gazette, and then, as if not to shut up, In 1729.

There’s nothing like surveying the territory of Ohio, said George Washington, with a pencil But who knows what Ohio will someday be? He mused prophetically although he proferred it will be pretty flat and etc. with Wendys and horses and shit and big schools.

Hard and Black is how I like ‘em said Henry David Thoreau with no teeth and mouth a’slurpy and ornery with a handful of hard ones nestled in the sylvan glade.

I do so love a good battle scene sketched on high quality vellum just as the sun begins to break over the dusty fields and the kiss of a good woman who drinks like a good woman too said Ulysses S. Grant drinking like a good woman looker sketching as the sun begins to break over the dusty fields.

Three, said Thomas Edison, Inches of pencils, in my pocket, my ideas to jot, added Edison, carefully, he said, Now Whoa! Now WHOA!

An entire cedar chest that I mowed like a lawn for the simple purpose of possession of pencils, cedar pencils, sixty a day, Grapes of Wrath, Cordially, John Steinbeck, Esquire.

The Snows of Kilimanjaro were only cold as MY cedar cabin disappeared cedar pencil by cedar pencil in order to write The Snows of Kilimanjaro from my lonely cedar pencil cabin nestled at the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro said Ernest Hemingway, ernestly.

Hey That’s My Idea! said everyone from George Washington to Thomas Edison. Let’s not forget Henry David Thoreau, neither, nor Ben Franklin nor U.S. Grant nor Ernest Hemingway nor me ekspecially. No, let us not forget famous pencil men talking pencils and pencils.

Comments

Popular Posts