TUESDAY

Today I bought a copy of 5001 Nights At The Movies by Pauline Kael.

Today, to my sorrow, I discovered that Pauline Kael might have gone to the movies a lot, but she didn’t like the movies very much. Well, except for HIS GIRL FRIDAY. I think that she should have named her book: “One Night At The Movies Watching HIS GIRL FRIDAY And 5000 Other Nights Also.”

••

Today I discovered that Teddy Roosevelt could recite The Song of Roland in the original archaic French and declared that it was the patriotic duty of every woman to bear at least four children.

••

He also thought that spelling should be simplified.

••


Today I am still trying to find any movies that Pauline Kael liked.

Comments

mistivelvet said…
She didn't like "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!"? "Flash Gordon"? "Purple Rain"? "Urban Cowboy"? "Saturday Night Fever"? I cannot imagine anyone not liking those movies.

Popular Posts