NOTES ABOUT A SCANDALOUS BOOK, by CRISPY (although the book proper is not, merely the notes)


1) On the street, near the art supply store, I rhymed 'Zeus' with 'Noose'

2) I wonder about the days when a lack of love for your country would certain point towards a tragic and premature death.

3) There are those who believe in some money and not other. "This money is talented," they say, "that money, less so."

4) A tiny little grave, one with an orchid on the stone. What if it reads 'missing'? Then you can see the love, near the entrance,
going somewhere quickly

5) When I cannot sleep, I try to imagine a priest with a gun. He can run really fast. Where is he going? He is so sweaty. And so, I sleep.

6) I would rather not talk about the past. and so, I never say 'the past'-I say 'he' or 'him'-'Yes, I have had good times with him.' Or if I am angry, 'I could just kill him.' Sometimes I say nothing. I simply go out and kill him.

7) A beautiful woman, and she is dead. The embalmer looks at her, and then looks at his feet. He whistles. He loves his feet on the ground.

all artwork, except likenesses of Lyndon B. Johnson & Herodotus, by Crispy Flotilla ® 2007

Comments

Popular Posts