A QUOTE FROM CRISPY: "MUST ACKNOWLEDGE EXISTENCE OF SEPTEMBER" with lemonhead

LEMONHEAD

I never had a friend named Lemonhead.
I would like a friend named Lemonhead.
Lemonhead, I would say, you are not so
sour as your name might imply. And you
are smart. But I can’t help myself: your
smarts are one thing I love you is another
and my hunger yet the other. Let us realize
that one has nothing to do with the other
or either

If I had a friend named Lemonhead, he
would be smart enough to look at me
and see deep within my soul and
tremble in fear and say What are
you doing What are you doing but
also he would be smart enough to
realize that I loved him and that I
felt one thing and I did another and
that one has nothing to do
with the other, or either

all artwork, except likenesses of Lyndon B. Johnson, by Crispy Flotilla ® 2006

Comments

Popular Posts