MY FRIEND SHELLEY


Shelley said that desolation doesn’t walk
and it doesn’t fly. I don’t think it crawls,
and I know it doesn’t dance. I am almost 
positive it doesn’t limbo, and it doesn’t
sit down or remain supine or levitate
or twirl like what’s his name the dancer
and you know how nobody eats
or sleeps or takes a bath in film
noir movies? That also is the way
of desolation, in addition to not
walking dancing flying crawling
limbo twirling or one more: doing
the cha cha (1961) - no -there is no 
eating or bath taking. Still, and I think 
that Shelley will support me on this, 
desolation has a feathery touch,
and fans us with plumes until
we slumber and then of course
there is a big KA-POW! KA-CHUNK!
but the rest is like the dream of the 
most gentle bear you can imagine, 
or maybe just bear monsters like Love 
just because it is a dream doesn’t mean 
it doesn’t have a shadow and inside 
the little dark of that a dream too 

Comments

Popular Posts